Social media official

To many this may appear to be a trivial teenage matter but... In this day and age of technology how do you know when to make a relationship social media official? When do you start posting pictures of the one you love? when do you get to scream from the tops of the facebook and instagram peaks that Im inlove and I want you all to see who made me this happy. 

I know I know (side eyed glance and sigh) we should keep our private lives private and we should be careful what parts ofour  lives we share on social media. But, when did our partners become a secret ? When did it become the norm for us to be scared shitless to profess love for someone for everyone to see .  Let ne educate you all: We became scared to publicly identify our partners when the hoe culture became the norm, we stopped posting our partners for fear that they will be seen and their inbox will start popping and our partners will yeild to others and break our hearts. A sad yet true reality of the 21century/technological dating age. 

We became scared to post our partners out of fear that when it works out and we start posting someone else as our loves society would view us in the wrong light. Is my analysis fear or foul. Ive  noticed that my ass has not social media professed love and Ive come to realise that it is out of fear of one of the above listed happening to me. Teenagers I lift my hats off to to you.. You all be "baed" and proffessing love like there is no tomorrow. Adults when did love become so hard for us, when did we lose the fairytale of it all, when did we forget that love should be an all encompassing experience that should not be hid (mark you the sex part should be left for indoors... Well maybe that depends) but let us all get to a place when we dont flood peoples timelines with our partner or make them tired of seeing every single detail of your lives but a kindly reminder that love is good, that this is my boo thang and I'm proud never hurt nobody (that is unless your boo thang is married or has a dozen other boo thangs) Lets get back to a place where we can celebrate love and be fearless about it.





Kindly note: These views are my own barely edited thoughts... Signed me. 

Comments

Popular Posts